I'm in the middle of Study Week. This means I can stay home and mark, and stay home and work on my novel about the bootlegger. Here's my comparison of these two activities, based on the last four days:
Marking Writing a Novel
- Comes with some multiple choice - Long written answers only
- Mostly know what I am looking for - Don't know what I'm looking for until I find it.
- Rubrics - Coffee
- Second-guessing? Quite a lot - Second-guessing? Don't make me laugh
- Inspires desire to procrastinate - Inspires desire to procrastinate
- Can be used as a procrastination - Never used as a procrastination tool
tool to ward off writing to ward off anything. Except maybe death.
(And even that...)
- Grueling - Grueling
- Exhausted when finished - Energized when finished
- Feels like it takes forever - Takes forever
- I have to do it - I don't know why I have to do it